Did you know that 85% of jobs are filled by networking?
Yup, it’s true. Which means that you need to get out there and talk to people. I’m not just talking networking as in going to some “networking event” because networking is so much more than that.
It’s basically talking to people. When you talk to people, even new acquaintances, you share information about each other and you never know who might know of some person or some opportunity that could be perfect for you.
Talking to people we don’t know can make some of us so uncomfortable we just don’t do it. But if we don’t do it guess who loses? We do. So get out there and start practicing having conversations with people you don’t know, or barely know. Ask them questions about themselves, their jobs, whatever. Nothing personal, just general information. You may never get comfortable with doing it, but the more you talk to people that you don’t know, the easier it gets.
Trust me on this. Networking’s important.
Click on the “To Do” tab above to see you how you can get started.
- Watch the video above.
- READ the “Reach Out & Network” document (shown below). Read the directions carefully.
- FILL OUT one or more of the “Networking Contacts” Worksheet(s) you can find at this link.
- Read the worksheet directions carefully.
- If you like, make a copy of the Worksheet to fill it in and then save to your computer, flash drive or cloud based storage.
WHEN YOU’RE DONE:
Once you’re done with this final lesson in the course, you might want to take the next step toward building a relevant and meaningful career plan.
How might you do that? Check out our soon to be released course Map Out Your Career Plan to Make it Happen.
Print the Certificate of Completion
If you haven’t already printed your Certificate of Completion you can find the link for it by following these instructions…
- Go to “My Courses”
- On the right sidebar will be “My Certificates” which shows a list of the Certificates of Completion for courses you’ve successfully finished.
- Click the Certificate you want and then print or save it. Done!
[pdf-embedder url=”https://idea2career.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/STEP-3-Reach-out-and-Network-rev-September-2018.pdf” title=”STEP 3 Reach out and Network rev September 2018″]