It’s impossible to go through one day without seeing something that has to do with the construction industry. Whether it’s your home, the mall, the road that takes you where you’re going, or the electricity that lights your way, construction is part of it all.
In fact, construction is one of our nation’s largest employers, with 100s of thousands of jobs available every year. Keep in mind that no construction project gets done without people like you to:
- Design the structure
- Plan and organize the project
- Obtain and operate equipment
- Maintain facilities and structures
This “Construction Careers…” online course is written and designed for anyone who might be interested in learning about the immense diversity of careers in the construction industry, as well as how to make them happen; from the skilled trades trades to design and engineering (and everything in between). If that’s you…. you’ll be glad you’re here!
What's included in the "Construction Careers" course?
Pretty much everything you need to know to make a decision as to whether or not a career in the construction industry might be right for you, which pathway to follow, and how to make that career happen. But if you want the details, you’ll find….
- 10 Lessons
- 17 Topics
- Certificate of Completion
- Vetted and curated online resources
- Access on desktop and mobile devices
- 1 year license
** Content used and referenced throughout this course is direct from the US Department of Labor, state Departments of Education and other sources that are vetted as reputable and reliable.
Who Will Benefit from "Careers in Construction"?
This course benefits:
- People who are exploring career ideas and trying to figure out which career direction to go in.
- People who are interested in the construction industry but want to learn about the diversity of careers, and how to make them happen.
- People who want to learn about the different education and training options for pursuing a career in the construction industry.
- Anyone who wants to continue their education and training after high school to make themselves a valued applicant for a career in construction.
- Anyone who is supporting, or mentoring someone who is trying to put together a career plan.
Which means it will help:
- Young Adults
- and most anyone else who has an interest in exploring careers within the construction industry.
Sound like you? Or maybe someone you know?
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you’ll have learned about:
- The Architecture and Construction Career Cluster
- Over 100 careers in this career cluster
- Whether or not this career cluster would be a good fit for you based on your interests and skills.
- The different types of Construction and the sectors within them.
- The different education and training options for someone interested in careers in construction.
- Financial Aid options to help you pay for additional education and training.
- Where to find the information to do the research that’s needed to help you build a career plan that’s relevant and meaningful to you!
How Long Will It Take?
That depends on you. Shoot for an hour to go through each lesson, although it’s going to take you quite a bit longer to do the work that some of the lesson’s activities ask you to do (if you choose to do those activities). The amount of time that takes is totally up to you!