Are you one of the many THOUSANDS of people struggling to figure out a career direction? Or maybe you have an idea about what you may want to do but you’re unaware of the endless careers and opportunities out there? Or how to make it happen? No worries… this Idea2Career: 5 Steps… course can help.
Let’s face it, the thought of planning your career can feel like a huge challenge and burden, but it doesn’t have to be like that. Idea2Career’s 5 step system of career planning was designed and developed specifically for you, and others like you, who are at the beginning of your journey toward a career and future that’s relevant and meaningful to who you are and what you enjoy doing. A journey that will bring you a successful career and future, whatever your version of success might be.
What's included in the Idea2Career course?
- 8 Lessons
- 21 Topics/Activities
- 15 Videos
- 5 Quizzes
- 1 Certificate of Completion
- 50+ Worksheets, Documents & Plans (© Idea2Career™)
50+ Vetted and curated online resources
- Access on desktop and mobile devices
- 1 year license
Who Will Benefit from Idea2Career?
Although people of all ages can take this Idea2Career: 5 Steps… course and achieve great results, it was specifically written for teens and young adults who:
- Are struggling to figure out a career direction.
- Have an idea about a career direction but don’t know what would be a good choice, or how to make something happen.
- Want to pursue a career that’s relevant and meaningful to them.
- Want to make a smart investment of their time and money regarding their education and training after high school.
- Want help learning about what needs to be done to build an effective and achievable career plan.
- Need a “framework” of steps to get from “no idea”, or “some idea”, to a “career”.
Sound like you? Or maybe someone you know?
What Will I Learn?
By the end of this course you’ll have:
- Identified a ton about your personality type, your values, and your story.
- Decided on a career direction (“Career Cluster & Pathway”) that’s the right choice for you.
- Learned about different careers and opportunities that you didn’t know were an option for you, or that they even existed!
- Discovered the value of creating all sorts of experiences for yourself that will help you as you build your future.
- Met people that can help you now, and help you later.
- Learned how important it is to “market and brand” yourself if you expect to stand out when you’re looking for a job and other opportunities. Oh, and how to do that.
- Taken action and DONE THINGS that will help you as you build a career plan for a career and future that’s relevant, meaningful and achievable!
- Achieved a certification that proves to others that you are emotionally invested in the career you’ve chosen, and you’ve mastered many of the soft skills that will make you a valuable applicant for the educational and career opportunities that you’re interested in.
How Long Will It Take?
That depends on you. Idea2Career is intended to help you to be introspective, or “thoughtful”, about the information you’re learning and the decisions you’re making. By taking your time and stepping away from it occasionally when you’re not quite sure about an answer, you should get the results that are most meaningful to you.
That being said shoot for 2 hours per lesson, or STEP, although it can easily take longer than that depending on how much time you invest in your research as you go through the course. So, 10 hours minimum would be a good estimate, and as much as 15 or 20+ hours if you don’t rush it.